The NC House of Representatives voted early this morning to approve a budget that includes a more than six percent increase in spending of education dollars.
- Raise beginning teacher pay to $35,000 per year
- Provide 2 percent raises for all other teachers
- Includes moving all teachers forward one step on salary schedule
- Increases funding for textbooks and digital resources
- Maintains funding for teacher assistants
The budget now goes to the NC Senate, which is developing its own version of the state budget. The Senate next meets on Tuesday, May 26 at 2:00 PM.